Thursday, March 21, 2024

Does Anyone Happen To Know Today's Date?

 The word “reputation” can sometimes have a negative undertone. Nobody wants a bad reputation. Sometimes, reputations can be positive. To have the reputation that you are hardworking, kind, caring, or reliable paints you in a positive light. Many would strive for that type of reputation.

Well, I have my own reputation around the halls of Goodrich. Is it good, you ask? Well, I’ll explain and then let you decide.


I LOVE MY BIRTHDAY! I always have. Kids usually love their birthday because they connect it to gifts, or cake, or parties. Have you ever met an adult who loves her birthday as much? Well, allow me to introduce myself.


I’m Mrs. Schulte, and today is my birthday.


When I met my class this year back in August, we started to get to know each other by completing some fun activities together. We learned about each other’s favorite food, favorite season, etc. We also hung up a poster with each classmate’s own special birthday. I found out quickly that my day was NOT my own! I found that I would have 2 students in my class sharing their birthday with me!



The. Same. Exact. Date. Now, I have been teaching for a while. I have NEVER had a student who shared the exact same birthday with me. Not once! And this year, two in the same class.  We immediately bonded. 


One of my students has shared the countdown to “our” birthday for about 45 days! Seeing as I love my day so much I often asked her the countdown if she happened to forget to tell me first thing in the morning each day. 


Goodrich School prides itself on our reputation for taking time to build relationships with our students, parents and each other. A lot of the staff members giggle at MY reputation of being a birthday lover. I can’t even tell you how much fun it has been to have birthday buddies this year in my class. Today, we are the birthday triplets. I don’t think my students will forget sharing a birthday that was so special with a teacher, and I surely won’t forget these students’ birthdays as they go on through Goodrich School! 


HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO US!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment