Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Where are they now?

As teachers we spend so much time with our students during the school year, just to pass them off to the next teacher, and never hear from them again.  Okay... not that dramatic - we still see their smiling faces in the hallway and hear about them from their new teachers.  At least for a couple more years...

However, we are often left wondering how they are, where they are, and what are they up to?
Fortunately, I am the P.E. teacher, and I get to have the students year after year until they head off to the Junior High.  I really get to see them grow and evolve into young adults and have many opportunities to learn as much about each individual as possible.

This year some former Goodrich Gators made the volleyball team at Jefferson!  I was so excited - my girls made the team!  Then I thought, "Now I have to go watch them!"  I looked at the schedule and luckily found a game that I could attend.  Miss Clark and I went over to see them play.  It was very fun to watch them at the "next level" and see where they have gotten too (so far...).  Plus they won!
However, the best part was after the game - the girls ran right up to us and gave us big hugs and thanked us for coming!

Those little things you "get back" from your students make all the hours and hard work of being a teacher totally worth it.  Teachers always wonder if these relationships matter or if we are accomplishing anything with our kids.  They of course matter to us, but its always nice to see and feel (hugs!) the proof that the relationship mattered to our students too.

I can't wait to see where my students go next!
GO CUBS GO!!

No comments:

Post a Comment