Thursday, March 12, 2015

Working together is important!

Have you ever played a sport or have you ever been on a team? I am going to tell you how important it is to work as a team.

One time on the soccer field me and my friends were playing soccer. I didn't pass the ball because I wanted to be just like Leonel Messi. I scored a goal but they kicked me out of the game. It made me really sad. That's when I realized how important it is to work as a team, but i didn't know how.

Just like in soccer, at school I just wanted to work by myself. Now I like to work as a team because we have been doing a lot of team-building activities. These activities taught me HOW to work as a team and WHY working as a team is important.  I  learned how to compromise which means that I cannot always have things the way I want them. Sometimes I have to work as a team and put my team first. In order to put my team first, sometimes I have to compromise. Working as a team is important because my teammates can give new ideas and everyone has a chance to participate. This is true in soccer too. Doing team-building activities in school has helped me become a better team player on and off the field. 

My favorite activity is the Team Caps activity where we each get to create our own cap and then make a team poster. I like this because it teaches you how important it is to work as a team and make sure that everyone has a hat to put on our poster. We have to work together to create a team name too.

This has helped me in school and in soccer because now I know how to work as a team and I even enjoy working with my team! 

Here is an example of our team poster that we made using Team Caps!



By: Junior
Second grade

No comments:

Post a Comment