WE MADE IT!
Thank you for another AMAZING school year at Goodrich! Dr. Scaletta and Mrs. Ross celebrated our reading success with a crazy activity! They got inside BALLOONS!
We are all excited to see the end of the school year finally arrive! We have had many successes. We have overcome many obstacles. All of us have grown in many different ways. It is so important to keep your mind just as active as you keep your body over the summer!
Here are some ways to keep your brain on the learning path:
- Let kids choose books that interest them!
- Keep it fun... Read outside or in the pool. Read to an animal. Read with a neighbor.
- Give your child a chance to read out loud.
- Go to the library and participate in their summer reading program.
- Read books related to your summer adventures or trips.
- Practice grade level skills on IXL and/or TenMarks.
- Practice math facts on X-tra Math.
- Practice math in everyday, real-world, situations: At the grocery store, in the car, on a walk, out to dinner, etc.
- Have your kids teach younger siblings or family members concepts that they learned this year.
- Quiz your kids in a fun and engaging way.
Summer is a time to relax and spend quality time with family and friends. Why not integrate learning into that too? We look forward to seeing everyone in August! Have a GREAT summer! :)