Wednesday, April 6, 2016

And the Grand Total is. . .

$300!!!! 

Yes, you read that correctly! $300! Our fourth graders raised $300 for charity through their Make Sale. Our Make Sale was tremendously more successful than any of us expected it to be and we could not be more proud of our students. They worked for months on their compassion project and their hard work definitely paid off.

The most spectacular thing about this experience was seeing my students become completely invested in what they were trying to achieve. Watching my students grow throughout this process has left me speechless. From getting to know their true passions to seeing them at their highest levels of creativity to watching them become salespeople before my eyes has been truly incredible. It has been amazing for me to have the chance to see my students in this different light.  I wish I had an opportunity like this when I was in school. I would have loved to use my crafty side to create items to sell for a charitable cause. Giving back has always been important to me and I love that my students have had the opportunity to contribute at such a young age.


We are currently in the process of bringing our compassion project to a close by deciding on which exact charities we want to donate the money we raised to. We are returning to the research we did at the beginning of our project to determine which charities would put our funds to the best use. 

No comments:

Post a Comment