Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Lifeskills: Memories Fuel Creativity

Do you remember the moment you first learned to snap your fingers or blow a bubble with gum?  I do, all these years later.  Riding home in the car after Sunday school, I managed to flatten and stretch chewed gum like a patch over my lips and blow out a presentable bubble. With improvisation and practice, decades later my bubble blowing skills grew to feature quadruple bubbles.  How are your bubble gum blowing skills?
Paper airplanes, a simple feat that every child knows, right?  Well, not always!  Perhaps they do now at Goodrich School.  During last week's "Specials Night" in Art, guests ranging from 4 -80 years of age took a fifteen minute challenge. After simple origami paper folding techniques were introduced each session, the guests created, decorated and flew paper gliders.  Some participants clearly revisited strong memories of their own, demonstrating exceptionally sophisticated versions, and guiding their children's artistry.  
These planes really fly!

Waiting to begin......

Thinking it through.


I can do this!

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.


I'm an expert!






No comments:

Post a Comment