Monday, March 11, 2024

March = Basketball!!

March is officially upon us and that means basketball!!  The kids have been asking ALL year when we will start Basketball and when March Madness is... I always giggle and tell them that they answered their own question! Haha!

During the basketball unit, we play so many lead up games and activities where we are working on our dribbling, passing and shooting skills.  We will even incorporate some offensive and defensive strategies at the older grade levels.  Playing a full-blown 5 on 5 game is not something I ever do in PE because I would have more kids sitting out than playing and in a 25-minute class I want the kids moving as much as possible.  So Modified Games or quicker rotations through mini games works best in my classes.

Next week we will dive into the March Madness brackets and follow the tournaments together before and after spring break!

GO HAWKEYES!!


        


No comments:

Post a Comment