Thursday, November 15, 2018

Where was Mrs. Weber today?

Your child may have informed you that I was not at school today and I will not be there tomorrow.  Each year, one week before Thanksgiving, is when the IAHPERD State Convention is held in St. Charles.  IAHPERD stands for: Illinois Association of Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance

Hands down - these two days at the IAHPERD Convention are some of the absolute highlights of each school year for me! I am so fortunate that I get to attend this convention each year.  Of course it is hard not being at school, but the benefits I get from attending this convention MORE than outweigh the downfall of being away!!

This professional conference gives me numerous tools I can bring back to my classes and use with all my kids back at Goodrich.  Each day of the convention I learn new games, activities and dances.  I also learn about different resources, tools and apps that I can use in my classroom.  Another highlight, is getting to network and collaborate with the P.E. teachers from Woodridge School district, as well as PE teachers from all over the state.  One of my NIU professors once said, "If you work with people, you need to be given time to collaborate with them."  And that is the best thing about this convention: Getting to spend time with people who have the same passion for Physical Education!  We learn so much from each other and get re-energized to head back to our schools.




Get ready Gators!  I have LOTS of new ideas to share with you already, and I still have another day of the convention!  Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment