Monday, May 14, 2018

End of the Year Blues




The end of the school year is  coming quickly! I know I will enjoy some time off to regroup, get some rest,  do more exercising and maybe take a trip. But it is also a time that I start to miss the students I have worked with during the school year.  I think about what they are doing during the summer. I hope  they are spending some time reading. This year so many of my students have shown so much growth!  Their reading skills have improved as well as their confidence in reading. I am counting on parents to keep that trend going with their children over the break.  When children return to school in August teachers can always tell which kids spent some of their time reading in the summer. Woodridge Public Library Summer Reading Safari  begins June 2nd and offers great incentives for summer reading for young and older students. They will be at school tomorrow, May 15th to talk about it. Some suggestions to make reading fun this summer and not a chore include: read under a tree, read an old favorite, read before breakfast, read in the bathtub,  read in the closet, read to a stuffed animal, read out loud, read at the park, read late at night with a flashlight. Enjoy some good books this summer and keep the growing readers going!


No comments:

Post a Comment