Thursday, November 9, 2017

The Power of Praise

As a teacher, one of my jobs is to impart knowledge to children in order to help them grow academically. However, I have worn many hats throughout my educational career other than "teacher." Recently, the hat I find myself wearing the most is "praise guide." 

Praise is a powerful tool in the classroom. It helps to nurture students who need to hear that they are doing well and it gives students who need more social interaction skills a way to do so positively. The more students praise each other for the great answers they are giving, or for the help that they received while solving a complex problem leads to fewer discipline problems and a safer, healthier classroom community. 

Here is a video of two third grade girls giving each other some great praise. 


No comments:

Post a Comment