Thursday, September 7, 2017

Zearn can help us Learn!

Now that first grade is in full swing we have learned procedures, rules and met many new friends, we are ready to roll! First grade is off to a great start. There is so much to learn and discover in First grade, and one tool that we use to learn is the Chromebook. We have practiced logging in on the computers. Last week we were introduced to a very engaging program that helps us practice the lessons in math that we have just worked on in class. This program allows us to relearn a concept if we made a few mistakes, or go on and practice something else once we have mastered our assignment. This program is called Zearn! We love the name and the time on Tuesdays when we can use it.



I asked a few students to tell me what they liked the most about using Zearn. One student in my class said, “I like it because I can practice what we JUST learned!”

Another student stated, “I like doing math on the computer!”

One student said, “Why does time using our chromes go SO FAST?!”

I love watching my students try something new, and I love when they feel success. This program will really help guide us through the curriculum this year. I’m excited to see my students grow as mathematicians!

No comments:

Post a Comment