Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Roll the Dice

Let me start off by saying welcome back! It is so nice to be back at school for another wonderful year at Goodrich!

Students have been participating in a lot of relationship building games and activities in their classroom as well as in the music room. One of my favorite's is the "Roll the Dice" game. Students take turns rolling the dice and answering the different questions on them for their teammates to get a chance to learn a little more about them. The questions range from their favorite things to do in music class to what they like to listen to on the radio. 


The kids light up when someone else shares the same interest in music that they do or like the same things as them. This is a great way to build relationships between students and with me. At the end of the activity, I let them ask me any questions they want, (as long as they are appropriate), and they come up with some great ones. I am always thrilled to find out that they really want to know about the things that I like and more about me as a "real" person and not just their teacher. 


No comments:

Post a Comment