Friday, June 2, 2017

Fun at the Zoo!

Last week I had the opportunity to go on a field trip to Brookfield Zoo with our kindergartners and sixth graders.  Every teacher goes into a field trip with worries, will the kids behave, will the weather be nice, ect.  I myself had the same worries; especially with this being my first time going to the zoo for a field trip.  However, from the moment we stepped off the bus, the 6th graders took over!  They held hands with their buddies, asked them what they wanted to see and even helped them find animals.  It was so good to see how our sixth grade students took over and watched over their buddies. 

I was AMAZED! 

Now I knew we had some pretty awesome 6th graders, but I did not know they were this amazing.  At one point myself and the other parent I was with looked at each other and said at the same time, “this is the easiest field trip I have ever helped at!”  Not once did we have to manage behaviors, or figure out where to go next, that was all up to the 6th graders.  They even gave up seeing some of the animals they wanted to see because the kindergartners wanted to see a different animal.



After this experience, this is definitely a field trip I would attend every year!

No comments:

Post a Comment