Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Football and Life

Fall is here and for many of us that means FOOTBALL season!  As you could probably guess I grew up in a multi-sport family.  Football was a huge part of us - we watched on T.V., we would go to the High School Football games and then when my brothers played we never missed a Friday night.  

Having a background in sports has helped me in many social settings.  Whether you are a huge sports fan or not, you have to admit that they are a big deal in the United States (and all around the world).  Because I have such a solid background in sports, not just football, I feel like I always have something to talk about. 

I started my Football Unit over a week ago and like all my P.E. units, I hope to teach them something new or to help them improve on that particular skill set.  More importantly, I want to teach them to be a better sports fan.  What I mean by this is that I want to teach them a few rules of the game or give them general knowledge about the sport.  By doing this I hope…
1.     That someday when they find themselves at sporting event, they will understand what is going on in the game.  And that they WANT to go to that game.  (Hopefully Da Bears are better by the time these Goodrich Gators are adults… hopefully…)

2.     That when they are at a family/neighborhood BBQ and someone is playing catch with a football, they will be able to throw the football PROPERLY.  (I’m not sure if anything makes me cringe more than seeing an adult step with the wrong foot when throwing a ball…)


3.     When they are out in the world and football is being talked about, they will be able to contribute to the conversation because they know a little about the game even if they are not the biggest sports fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment