Friday, September 4, 2015

Relationships = Greater Learning

This is my fourth year teaching at Goodrich.  It is an amazing place to be for so many reasons.  And I was reminded of that again as this school year kicked off.  I had a feeling I had never experienced before as a teacher: not missing a beat.

Even though we had many great additions to Goodrich this year, my “veteran” students came into the gym on the first day of school and it was like we had never been apart all summer (let alone, all my students moving up a grade level!)  They all remembered my expectations, rules, and routines of P.E.  Because of this, the new Goodrich students had a much easier transition as they had perfect models to follow!


I thought, why?  Why is this so easy?  Why is everything starting off EXTRA amazing?  And I came to the conclusion that because I have been fortunate enough to be at Goodrich (FULL-TIME) for several years, I have built great relationships with our amazing students.  I spent SECONDS going over “rules” on the first couple days  for P.E. because they all knew what do to.  We have already moved ahead of where we were last year at this time.  I cannot wait to see what we can cover this year in P.E. and I truly look forward to building more relationships with our new students and spending time on the old ones!




No comments:

Post a Comment