Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Clean and Green

Earth Day is celebrated on April 22nd every year.  I believe that Earth Day is one of the most important days of the year.  It is a day where we are able to show how much we care about our Earth, and to take some time to clean it up.

To honor Earth Day this year, I had an idea that our 5th grade classes should go outside around Goodrich to pick up trash.

I came up with this idea a couple of months ago.  I thought it would be something that all the 5th graders could help with to show our appreciation of our Earth.  I decided to talk to Mrs. Larson and Mrs. Brennan about this idea, and they really liked it.  I then brought my idea to Mr. Scaletta, and he was in full support of this.

I think the 5th graders did a great job picking up our playground!  Everyone was very excited to go outside to do something nice for our Earth.  We were able to fill up two large garbage bags with trash! I think everyone learned that even small actions make a big difference!  It felt good doing something to help our Earth.


By: Justin 



No comments:

Post a Comment